Monday, January 01, 2007

First Of Year


So, here I am, the first night of 2007. Totally relaxed from a bath in my Jacuzzi tub and watching an episode of “Wonderfalls” (one of my favorite, yet canceled early series on DVD). My dear friend Flounder is dozing on the couch and her husband is watching “Babylon 5” on his laptop.

Here in the OBX we do things a little differently- more mellow and stuff. The other 16 folks are either asleep or downstairs in the home theatre or in the hot tub outside. So far, it’s been a fairly lazy week. Each night, someone makes dinner and we either imbibe some alcoholic drinks and just carry on or we watch some tv before hitting the sack. It’s funny how habits change as we get older. 9 Years ago, we all would’ve been all sorts of drunk and staying up late, now it’s a struggle to stay awake after 1 AM. I’m not complaining, mind you, I’m in a reflective state at the moment. Is this holiday one of the moments where reflection is part of the deal or just where I am psychologically?

No clue, just color me content.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home