Tuesday, March 06, 2007

I Can See Why Hetero Men Get Into Fights Now


Almost two weeks ago, during the final weeks of "Into The Woods," I was almost assaulted by a rather aggressive patron. What happened was that the volunteer in charge of the listening devices had mixed up and given out the wrong ID, so the person who's ID was given out was, understandably, upset. Welp, her male companion, started getting very angry at me and his voice began to rise, accusing me of grand theft, asking how his friend was going to get home, etc. As his volume increased, he started getting in my face and physically closer to me, climaxing by pushing me and trying to provoke be by calling me all sorts of names.

By the time he grabbed me and started pushing me, I could feel my face flush, my right arm pull back and my fist begin to close up. K. Kitty, a friend who was there that night, said the my face completely transformed at that point. I honestly didn't know what I would have done if this lady hadn't gotten between us and yelled at her companion saying how he wasn't helping the situation and told him to walk away. As I walked towards the bar, trying to figure out the best way to resolve this, the bartender asked if she should call 911. The Stage Manager and all those near the bar asked me if I was okay and, although v. heated, I was.

After finagling with the Box Office, we got a hold of the other lady, who had already gotten home and the one left at the theatre came up to me to apologise for her companion and that wasn't enough to calm me down. She left and those remaining in the lobby were asking if I was allirght. I realised that I wasn't that allright- my blood pressure was still through the roof (I could tell by the heat emanating from my cheeks)- so I stopped at The Office for a beer and a smoke. I eventually got home, drank half a dose of Nyquil and, after about 45 minutes of tossing and breathing deeply, finally fell asleep.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 3/07/2007 10:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hoped you guys taged that SOB's record in the computer!!

 
At 3/08/2007 7:56 AM , Blogger rabbit1970 said...

I hope they did, too. The BO Had all that person's info, so one would assume...

 
At 3/09/2007 9:01 AM , Blogger mrsmig said...

That's awful, Raff.

It seemed like patrons at the new building seemed to get so ANGRY, all out of proportion to whatever was annoying them. 'Tis a puzzlement.

 
At 3/11/2007 6:51 PM , Blogger rabbit1970 said...

Yeah, I have no clue why they are so in your face about it either. In the old space, that probably never would have happened. It might just be the caliber of people in the new space just feel more entitled? But to what?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home