Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Twice A Year, Just Like Clockwork

Ever since I got my cell phone in 1998, I’ve had the same issue twice a year, whenever we have to change the time because of daylight savings. It’s not just that the hour time difference kicks my ass because we lose an hour (it does, but that’s just cuz I’m used to waking up early- sorta).

You see, my mobile number is similar to the local automated time by phone, with the switch of two numbers; you can either get me or the time. *beep*

So I expect to get many calls between midnight and noon on the Sunday following, as it has been for the past nine years. Not to mention the sporadic times that a number I don’t recognize calls and then they get flustered that a human answers since they’re expecting a recording.

I’ve lately been getting snarkier and snarkier and now have the same reply to these people. Usually, they start by saying that they got the wrong number (I should probably hang up at this point), I then ask if they called for the time. If they reply in the affirmative, I then let them know it’s now time for them to purchase a watch and then hang up.

Is that too passive-aggressive or just plain aggressive?
Kinda makes me laugh these days.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 3/16/2007 12:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

9 years is a long time to have been doing this, no wonder you are sick of it.

I think you should tell them the time, then start billing the service that provides the time for your time!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home