Thursday, March 09, 2006

Fairyland

So this past Sunday was the final performance of the Signature Theatre cast of "Nevermore." It was a very bitterswet night- a wonderful performance by everyone involved, including powerhouse vocals for Jaqui's understudy, Jenny Soto Benson, and a fun party afterwards. I've got feelings that this show will go on on other places and still be phenominal, but it won't have that same spark as the initial production here in our space. Of course being at the final show meant that I wasn't able to watch (most of) the Oscars in real-time. Thank G-D for TiVo®! I managed to squeeze in all 3+ hours (I'm so glad I padded the recording time) into approximately 2 hours of commercial-and-tribute-and-speech-free viewing. Boy do I love me some Jon Stewart though. I thought he was a very good host, overall. Sure, he was feeling out his audience for the first hour but he never failed to amuse. Thankfully, there were no "Uma, Oprah" misses and the montages he (and his team- no man works in a vacuum) came up with were hysterical, most especially the gay cowboy montage below:



Good stuff, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home