Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Try to Remember the 5th of November

This past weekend has been such a blur. First of all, at work we're preparing for a move to a new building so they sent us home at 11:30 once the movers were ready for our stuff, so I go home watched a little TiVo and then proceeded to take a much-needed nap. I then went into the District to meet my friend, A., for a little bit of Pho and some V For Vendetta at the Uptown. I had completely forgotten that it was St. Patrick's Day and that all the bars around the Uptown were pubs (or they seemed to be that night), so when I got to the area, I found it to be super-crowded. Luckily, Debbe the Parking Buddha was with me and I found a primo spot right off of Connecticut Ave. It was great catching up with A. and as for the movie, I found it to be quite good. While I knew the motivation of Alan Moore for writing the original comic was his reaction to Thatcherism (is that a word?), the story speaks for this tops-turvy political climate as well. Natalie Portman and Hugo Weaving gave great performances (esp. Hugo who had to act while wearing mask the whole time- wow) and it was neat to see Stephen Fry and that guy from BBCAmerica's "Coupling" in some small, though pivotal roles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home