Monday, May 08, 2006

Cinco De Mayo

This weekend turned out to be a pretty fulfilling couple of days. Friday night, I might have slept through the night beginning at 6, but my sister woke me up and asked for my support with some news she was telling my parents, so I waited until my cousin and aunt left before she dropped the big news- she’s moving in with someone (Shocker!). As my sister and mother had their conversation, I think I just sat there as did my father. When my dad went up to go to bed, I asked him what he thought and he basically said that she’s an adult and she’s going to do what she feels is right, etc. So then, Munsen called me to see about going to the office and to make sure that the revelation went allright. After not too much fanfare, my sister and I both left and I met up with Munsen and SGS and Matt for a few beers. I asked Munsen if she was interested in going with me up to Frederick, MD, to meet the two Chinchillas that would (hopefully) be mine. She said she would, so we made plans for Sunday and after a couple more brews and conversation, we left the bar.

Saturday, I went over to Ashburn, to have dinner with my friend, Booboo-Sita, and her family. I hadn’t seen them since Christmas, so it was high time to get together and catch up and see how big her children are getting- it’s true they really grow like weeds. Her husband grilled some filets and asparagus and we just hung around outside and watched last Thursday’s Lost (WHOA- big surprises). I hadn’t had asparagus in a while, so I had 4 or 5 stalks and I don’t think my pee ever got that funny smell- it made me a little disappointed, but other than that, we had a good relaxing time. I’m hoping that I helped wear the kids down after playing with them awhile and that I provided enough adult stimulation (*mental stimulation*- get your minds out of the gutter, folks) for Booboo-Sita and her husband. I think we definitely need to see each other more often in the year…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home