Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Scrat This

After a good lunch and catching up with SteveMR, I figured I'd take in a matinee of "Ice Age: The Meltdown" before hitting the Theatre. I had quite enjoyed the first Ice Age film, mainly because the characters were charming and the whole look of the film was very unique. That carried over into the new one, too, although it was basically a sort of retread of the first movie. I love the old-school Warner Brothers sensibility that the creators instill, most especially with the little Scrat guy and his quest for his acorn. These mammals all look as if they were designed by Jim Henson and, while their heart isn't as big as Henson's creations, this movie does have the same good-naturedness. Grade: B-

1 Comments:

At 4/24/2006 3:31 AM , Blogger Munsen said...

Hey Rabbit, check out my new blog.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home