Thursday, June 15, 2006

Offensive?

Recently, I've been thinking alot about Sarah Silverman. I guess because her concert movie, "Jesus Is Magic," was recently released onto DVD. I've always found her funny, not only because she juxtaposes being "cute & feminine" with being offensive but because she's just damn funny.

To wit (not for the faint-hearted):

"I'm suing my boss for sexual harassment ... and it's real hard, and a big strain on me ... because he hasn't done anything."

"I'm going out with a guy who's half-black, who's totally going to break my heart......Oh my God. I can't believe I said that. I'm so negative. He's half-white."

"Models are fair game for comics. Why? Because they’re so pretty. Society has no pity for them. But, you know, models scream when you put them in boiling water."

"I buy water at the liquor store across the street from where I live. So I'm walking into the door, and standing, loitering, outside the door is a man. And I walk by him to go in and he says [in a clenched, abrupt voice], 'I want pussy!' Now, I don't want to seem conceited or anything, but [rolling her eyes, both embarrassed and proud] he was talking about me. It offended me, obviously, but more than offending me, it made me feel sorry for him. It made me sad. Because it was so obvious to me that this was a person who grew up and who was a child whose mother and father never gave him any pussy."

"A couple nights ago, I was licking jelly off my boyfriend's penis . . . and I thought, Oh, my God--I'm turning into my mother!"

"I saw my father naked once . . . But it was okay . . . Because I was soooo young . . . and sooo drunk."

"So I live in this apartment that's disgusting--it's really dirty. And the kitchen floor is, like, sticky. And I had to do something about it. So finally I went out and bought some, uh, slippers."

1 Comments:

At 6/20/2006 5:40 PM , Blogger Ryan Dean said...

I love, love, love Sarah. I'm so happy that the DVD of Jesus is Magic has her Aristocrats scene.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home