Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Where you Going? Barcelona. Oh.


So, the parentals & I made it to Barcelona at last! Our first day was good. Once we got out of the airport, we took a taxi to our hotel, checked in and I promptly passed out for four hours. After showering, we took off on a walk around the center of the city. Spanish architecture never fails to impress me (well, “Old” architecture anyways- those new apartment buildings that you see in Almodovar films are really ugly). All the buildings have wrought-iron balconies and just amazing woodwork on entrances.

We reached the Plaza De Catalunya, which had a huge fountain and I got distracted by the largest department store I had ever seen. El Corte Ingles is a huge chain across Spain, but this building was just jaw dropping more than eight floors of any and every department you could think of. I bought some bottles of water there and wanted to continue exploring but my parents wanted to sit for a bit, so I told them that I’d meet up with them at an outdoor café across the street. One could spend hours in this place. I went looking for a CD that BiWo asked me to find and then realized that I was starving, so since the CD search was sort of fruitless (no pun intended), I met up with my parents and had a ham & brie sandwich with churros for dessert- delish!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home