Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Das Cabaret

Wow- I just went through all the stuff I posted and thought, "I haven't written so much in such a short amount of time." Well, at least I'm almost caught up with my recent activities...

After I woke up from my nap on Saturday, I went to catch the "Anti-Cabaret" with Dan Cooney & friends at the theatre. One of his friends onstage was Michael Lanning (I think that was his last name), who might be better known as the Chevrolet "Heartbeat of America" guy and other jingles. Who knew he was a singer/show-tune singing guy as well? They had a great eclectic mix of pop-showtunes (Frank Wildhorn, Jason Robert Brown, etc.) and classic rock stuff (The Beatles, Van Morrison) and even a sing-along to S&G's 'The Boxer.' Pre-show, I went to the green room to say hello to Dan and got recruited to videotape the show, so I set up Michael's camera and proceeded to do the job. I also had the good fortune to have StephenGregory, Matt Connor, and Amy McWilliams seated right in front of me and they provided much entertainment as I watched them bob along to the good music being performed. Afterwards, there was some drink-sharing at the Office, where Munsen and Homey were as well.

Sunday, was the final dress rehearsal of our next show, "The Sex Habits Of American Women" and after that, Munsen and I ended up at the Office again for a beer and just plain spending to good old catching up time. We ran into Schaeffer and Michael Baron, the show's director, and also SGS & Matt on our way out. Since we were sitting in a booht in the back nobody knew we were there, so it was kind fun being all covert and stuff.

2 Comments:

At 3/30/2006 3:06 PM , Blogger STEPHEN GREGORY SMITH said...

Michael Lanning, I've come to find out. I wonder why there weren't any programs?

 
At 3/30/2006 8:28 PM , Blogger rabbit1970 said...

We just didn't provide any programs this time, from what I was told. It would have been good to have a set list and short bios of who all was there, though.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home