Monday, April 10, 2006

I Feel So Much Spring...

I hate allergies!And it sucks!

In the middle of last week, I spent the day at work with a pretty nasty headache which, to me, signaled that it was time for the pollen of whatever various trees and things to affect me like it has over the past few years. Aside from my shellfish allergy, I never really had been affected by pollen until approximately 5 years ago. The reactions started small and have grown to just congestion and throbbing. I was feeling kind of wonky Saturday when I met up with Lisa for dinner at Minh in Arlington. It was a great Vietnamese place, very nice and the food was fresh. We caught up on each other's business and then I dropped her off at home before going back to watching some TiVo.

I wasn't sure if I had some standing plans with Munsen and figured, around 10:45 that the show had already come down and that she wasn't going to call me, so I turned my cell off and proceeded to zonk out. It turned out she called me at 11:25, but I digress...

And Sunday morning I woke up with the nastiest scratchy throat sounding like Brenda Vacarro and, not only that, I had to be at the Theatre for the matinee. Farmer was also looking and sounding like death warmed over, so we had ourselves a pity party while entertaining patrons. Afterwards, I met up with WEW and we had dinner at the Outback. On the way home, I stopped at Target and got myself some Chloroseptic and throat losenges to help me with my issue. Before bed, I drank some Nyquil which helped knock me out, but I woke up at 5 AM and couldn't get back to sleep. I toyed around with calling in sick and just trying to get some rest, but figured that since I was alreayd up, I might as well go do some work, which is where I am. If I'm feeling like this tomorrow you can bet your bippy that I'm staying home. Especially since the Helens are next Monday- I've gotta get my strength up for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home