Thursday, April 13, 2006

Out of Commission

So, those allergies that I was writing about on Monday turned out to be far worse. Monday morning I woke up at 5 AM with such a coughing fit that I couldn't get back to sleep, so I ended up going into work early and feeling horrible all day. I should have just called in sick because, as the day went on, I kept feeling worse. By the time I got home I was achy all over and kept coughing up a storm, so before I went to bed, I drank some Theraflu to help me get to sleep.

That lasted about 2 hours until the coughs started up again- Oy Vey! After that, I was waking up every 20-30 minutes until about 5, when I had enough and just called in sick to work. Since I couldn't get back to sleep, I watched some TiVo, read some "V For Vendetta," and called Kaiser for an appointment. They couldn't get me in until the next morning, so I just kept drinking my Robotussin and Tylenol and trying to catnap until the coughing started up again.

Oh, so wrongThe next morning, I went to my appointment and the doctor diagnosed me with Bronchitis, and a couple other allergy-related conditions and gave me six(!) prescriptions- Nasal steroids, 2 inhalers (with an adapter- pictured to the left), an antibiotic and a very powerful decongestant. I went to work soon after and about 3 hours later, I was so out of it due to the drugs and my coughing that I just went home and slept for a ocuple of hours. I ended up working at the theatre and left right after intermission. I watched Veronica Mars, took my meds and went to bed.

I don't know which of the six it was, but I slept through the whole night and I felt so much better this morning- granted I'm not still completely cured but I definitely feel on the mend. I need to get more rest for the HH Awards this Monday.

And I still blame this weather for my illness- damn you Mother Nature!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home