Thursday, September 28, 2006

I Am George Lucas's Whore

A few weeks back, when Fox released the new "Special Editions" of the Original Star Wars Trilogy, I was v. adamant that I wasn't going to purchase them. While boasting that this is the first time that the unedited original versions were included on a bonus disc, they weren't remastered or anamorphic (suitable for widescreen televisions) and were taken from the 1994 Definitive Collection Laserdiscs, which I have and made DVD copies of when I got my DVD burner a few years back. So, I already had what was on it as well as the Special Edition Trilogy that was released in 2003, which is what was on the first disc of this release.

Welp, I heard that Wal-Mart (bane of my existence) was selling them in a bundle with reprints of the original Marvel comics adaptations, I kinda had to cave in. It also helped that I had a gift card someone had given me, otherwise, I would have probably stayed away.

But it's cool to have the comics again...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home